Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year from Kosice, Slovakia

Yesterday was the three kings day and it's a national holiday so none of the emailing places were open so we couldn't send out emails so I'm doing it today. This past week has gone by really quickly and just seeing everything work was really cool, it's still nervewracking to be training while still feeling like my language and everything basically needs to improve, but I don't really have a choice so I guess I better just buck up and get it done. It is crazy how this transfer is more than half over and after this week we have a training next week and then we only have like 2 more weeks until the transfer is over. I'm sure I won't be staying this transfer but I have no clue where I'll be going.  I really could go to any city except for Zvolen so everything really is up in the air.  I really hope that I could be going to Zilina but that seems unlikely.  It is sounding more and more likely to me that I go to Bratislava and either follow up train or whatever, I guess we'll see when the time comes, I have a pretty good idea where all the sisters are going and if I'm correct that I go to Bratislava, then me and Sister Jones could very well be going there together haha.  That would be rather humorous, but we'll see, I guess.
Umm some of the things that we did this week... well nothing really special happened on new years we had to be inside by 5 because of the drunk and crazy people.  We were able to watch movies and so the 2 that we chose were: The Best 2 Years.   Since I've never seen it and Monsters U niversity. We borrowed The best 2 years and then I bought Monsters University so I'll be sending that one home.  We'll see it's in slovak too so that is kind of exciting.

I've been having some pain in my ankle quite often this week but I don't think that it is anything serious.  It's just painful every once in a while. This week was pretty normal other than tuesday we found some people we taught some lessons. Unfortunately it seems like the mother of the woman that we baptized has dropped us.  I think it is because her sister is very active in her church and has quite an influence on her but we're going to try our hardest to teach her.   We met her on the street yesterday so we're hoping to turn that into a meeting.  We don't know exactly yet, but we're holding our thumbs up for that!
I don't really know of much else.   We served Rado again, we cut down some trees and debranched them for firewood and stuff and that was pretty awesome. It is really really warm here.  It actually rained on Sunday for most of the day.   I really don't need a scarf or much else it's really weird haha. But they're telling us, like the people here are telling us that we're going to get siberian storms here pretty soon, like around the 15th of January and over there right now its negative 45 to 50 degrees celsius and this warm weather is from England.  But it should go away soon and get really really really cold and then of course Kosice is in a big valley so it's going to be super windy, not to mention the siberian winds that come through here from time to time. So I'm hoping that it doesn't come until later until after I'm out of Kosice so I don't have to deal with that coldness.  That would be nice. When we were in Zilina on Christmas eve it was warm enough to go without a coat and just with a sweater, so kind of nuts.
Well I don't really have anything else for this week it's kind of monotonous right now and I don't really know what to tell you.  I'll answer your questions and send pictures later with the new district car that we got! It's really nice.  But thanks everyone for the emails and everything.  Thanks for the gifts and all that everyone sent me.  They are wonderful.   I love all of you.   Be safe!
Elder Ferrell

No comments:

Post a Comment