Monday, September 8, 2014

The world has need of willing men (and sisters) in slovakia (photos)

Elders Ferrell and Mason


This week was pretty good it just flew by like nobody's business, I really don't know where the time went, this week is kind of a blur in my mind, it's actually really scary how quickly the time went by, and I only remember little details here and there. It was Bajo's last Sunday here in Zilina before he goes on his mission he will report into the MTC this Thursday, as well as we were in Trencin for a Saturday singing practice. Really, other than that, I have no clue what happened. Of course, I remember some of the really great stuff and a little bit of the weird but really nothing come to mind; it's crazy. I hope the rest of my mission doesn't wind up like that. Well this is my week, may be a little short .

 
 
I want to start with Sunday, the last day of the week because it was probably the highlight of the week because it was just a really good fast and testimony meeting. Probably the strongest fast and testimony meeting I've ever attended. It was also the last fast and testimony meeting for the Wrightson's.  They go home October 1st. Well when I came to church I had no idea what to expect because it's the first time I've had a fast and testimony meeting here in Zilina.  So, we start and no one gets up for like 5 minutes, it's just dead quiet. Then Peter Sandor who studies in Idaho who was there got up and bore his testimony and it was nice.  He's really cool because he used to be atheist and then converted because his cousin who didn't get baptized invited him to a meeting. Then Sister Wrightson got up and had Bajo translate for her, and she was very sweet and very strong and she was weepy because it was her last time doing that.  Then Sister Seidlova got up and she dedicated her testimony to her children and said, "you always hear me get up every month and bear my testimony", but then she just wanted her family all to listen and for them all to know that their mom knows what the truth is. She's been a member for 20 years   I was just barely born when she joined the church, and Bajo was the first one born in the covenant here in Slovakia. But then she got down and President Wrightson got up and Samo translated for him and it was very nice and he really expressed how much he's loved his mission and the people of Slovkaia and the people in Zilina.   Then Daniela Keferova got up who is a 19 or 20 year old that was baptized last year, and she bore her testimony and it was strong.  Petka bore her testimony and then Samo bore his testimony and it was all well and good and I learned a lot from all of them and I haven't really paid attention for a while to some of these talks and testimonies and when they were about to finish, Emma, the Seidlovci's 14 year old daughter got up and said," no wait". I have to share mine, and she got up and she was crying and spoke about prayer and it was just so powerful and awesome to see such a strong family.  It was just a wonderful experience that I'm so grateful that I had a chance to witness it.  There was hardly a dry eye in the room except mine.  It's really amazing to see how strong everyone is in the branch.  When they grab hold, they really grab hold and never let go,  It's ridiculous. I wish I had the same conviction as all of them.   It's great!
 
Well the rest of this paled in comparison to what happened on Sunday which is probably the main reason why I can't remember anything after it was just so epic. As far as our investigators we were finally able to find some new people and we're hoping to contact them this week, another wonderful note was that we were able to give a date to one of our investigators.  J's date is for the 27th of this month, we'll see if he makes his date, he's been coming to church for like the past 3 or 4 months.  He's very solid on getting him to that point he just needs to commit and take the leap of faith and then I think he will be so grateful that he did and just be so ecstatic with it all. As far as other investigators we haven't been able to meet with them or get in touch with some of them but we're hoping to change that this week, mainly today we're going to be making a lot of calls and try and track down a lot of people. We're ramping up to have a great end of the transfer, and we're hoping to have a baptism with it too, the Slovak republic really is finally exploding just a little bit after Czech but exploding nonetheless. We also went to Trencin this week because we will be having a concert on the 19th so next week ha-ha we need to practice a lot because it's a little rough, we're doing it with Trencin because they all sing better than we do but it will be fine, we need to advertise more here soon. Well, today we played ultimate Frisbee with Bajo and one of his friends it was really fun, and I'm a little bit tired and I'm going to take a shower here soon because it’s quite hot and humid today ha-ha, so it's necessary. 
 
Well, that's pretty much everything, it's a little short but that's really all I can think of that happened. I love you all and I hope that you're all having super tons of fun without me and that your lives are turning out exactly how you want them to and all that goes with it.  I love you. Be safe!
 
Elder Ferrell
 


No comments:

Post a Comment